While you’re searching for a new home, have you come across communities with an HOA? A Homeowners Association is created to support and protect the homeowners, but some people don’t quite understand the true value of this governing board. So, why is an HOA important? We’re glad you asked.
- Protect your property value. The HOA keeps an eye on the maintenance of the homes in the community. You don’t have to worry about a neighbor who is letting his lawn or home go unattended. Your HOA will reach out to those homeowners and ensure that they comply with the guidelines they accepted when they purchased the home.
- Maintain common areas. That beautiful entrance that greets you and the trees and gardens that wind through the community are cared for by the HOA, using funds from the homeowners’ monthly HOA dues. The pristine beauty you enjoy is also a welcome sight for new homeowners.
- Provide and maintain amenities. HOA communities frequently offer amenities, from walking trails to a clubhouse with a pool, fitness center, and more. At Balmoral in Humble, TX, for example, residents enjoy the benefit of a private Crystal Lagoon with a sandy beach, pool, fitness center, splash pad, playground, tennis court, volleyball court, and 7,500-square-foot clubhouse. All of these amenities are supported with HOA funds.
- Keep the peace. It happens. You have a disagreement with a neighbor. Maybe it’s a barking dog or excessive noise late at night. Well, you can leave the settlement of these troublesome disputes to the HOA.
- Build community spirit. If you’re someone who loves getting to know neighbors and the sense of camaraderie that comes with it, a community with an HOA could be the right choice for you. These associations are made up of homeowners and stakeholders who encourage positive connections. Some groups organize events; others provide funds for community projects and events that are organized by residents.
- Provide visionary planning. A responsible HOA sets aside funds for future projects that benefit the neighborhood, like repaving the roads, improving the landscaping, or adding amenities that are approved by the homeowners. The quality of your community is protected when this type of visionary planning is an ongoing concern of the HOA.
Like your mortgage itself, the HOA fee is an investment in your home and the surrounding community. Be sure to ask about the HOA and its rules when you’re looking at homes. Learn how active and collaborative the organization’s leadership is with the residents.
In the Houston and DFW metro areas, HistoryMaker Homes has a wide range of communities and new homes for sale. We’d love to help you explore the unique lifestyle that each one presents. Take your pick of a virtual or private tour of these single-family homes or townhomes, and let’s get started!
More Home. Smart Choice.
Every HistoryMaker home reflects our “More Home. Smart Choice” mission—to provide the foundation for your most meaningful memories. We maximize functional space and include smart features that live the way you do. With intelligent construction methods, energy efficiency, and integrated home technology, building a HistoryMaker home is simply a smart choice.
Give yourself the value, comfort, and style of a new construction home in a well-maintained neighborhood. We have new homes for sale
in Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston, as well as homesites and floor plans we can build for you. Sign up
to get the latest updates on our growing list of homes and communities.