Once your beautiful new home is built, all that’s left to tackle is move-in day. Finding the right moving company can make a world of difference, especially as you look forward to the task of getting settled in.
Whether you’re moving from in-state or across the country, a good mover will help make this transition as seamless as possible. Take a look at our tips for selecting the best moving company.
If you’re moving in-state:
- Tip #1: Ask around for recommendations from someone who has moved recently. Word-of-mouth recommendations are reliable indicators of the quality of a moving company, and can help you significantly narrow down your search.
- Tip #2: Ask a lot of questions! If you meet with a moving company ahead of time, make sure to go through all of your concerns, particularly whether they’ll charge additional fees for things like speciality packing, or disassembling and assembling furniture. Being as prepared as possible makes everything easier.
- Tip #3: Make sure that the mover you’re looking at takes proper and thorough inventory of all of your belongings to determine the bulk and weight of your move. This way, you’ll get a better idea of what your total price will be like beforehand.
If you’re moving across states:
- Tip #1: When it comes to finding the best cross-state mover, customer reviews are your best friend. Make sure to go through each mover’s website as carefully as possible to understand exactly how they operate, as well as confirm their insurance policy, inspection and tracking systems, as well as price differences.
- Tip #2: It never hurts to get an early start on your cross-state move. If you compare different moving quotes ahead of time, you can take advantage of deals and discounts when the time arrives. Weighing out your options keeps your finances (and your peace of mind!) in check.
- Tip #3: Another option you have besides hiring a full-service moving company is to rent your own truck and seek out the help of a labor-only alternative, which is a service that helps you load and unload your belongings.
Once you’ve found the most efficient mover, you’re a giant step closer to settling in to your new home!