The Land Acquisition Manager reports to the Sr. Vice President of Land Acquisition and is responsible for certain aspects of lot and land acquisition for History Maker and Rendition Homes as outlined below. The Position is responsible for sourcing new land and lot positions for the Company to acquire for development and home building operations. This Position will network within the real estate industry to identify growth opportunities and submarket expansion.
COMPANY GENERAL POLICY AND PROCEDURE
· The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The competence of the employee in performing his or her job duties will be demonstrated, maintained, and improved on an ongoing basis.
· The statements contained in this position description reflect the general duties considered necessary and the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
· Each team member is expected to be in compliance with policies in the employee handbook (located online at www.nextep.com).
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following, and other duties may be assigned)
Assist SVP of Land in forming Acquisition budgets and cost estimates on prospective land parcels during due diligence phases for land packages
Manage to the Annual Business Plan schedules for replacement communities to maintain inventory of vacant developed lots and prevent lot gap out between projects
Support CEO, President, COO, and CFO with Acquisition information required for Division’s Annual Business Plan (pro formas, cash flow, lot delivery schedule, etc.)
Manage and create project pro formas to demonstrate viability and performance expectations on real estate acquisitions
Work with Land Acquisition Analyst and team to gather, synthesize, process, and present market information on a proposed real estate transaction. Analysis will include absorption and economic viability of projects against Company’s ROI requirements
Work with land acquisition team to develop formal Land Package to present to Executive Team
Evaluate Acquisition sites for feasibility and yield
Interact with governmental agencies to obtain land use approvals, including zoning, platting, with city staff, planning and zoning commissions, and city councils
Network and develop relationships with brokers, peers, land developers, homebuilders, and other industry contacts to develop land and lot pipelines
Attend MetroStudy and other key real estate briefings to stay current in submarket development
Become proficient in MetroStudy database software and other Company tools to assist in submarket analysis and targets for acquisition
Drive and audit Acquisition projects on a weekly basis; reporting at weekly Land Meetings
Meet and oversee consultants as needed
Prepare and present project information in public meetings
Represent Company and homebuilding brands at key meetings to develop acquisition pipeline assisting in Company growth
· Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Business, or related degree path
· Experience: Minimum five years related experience in project management, site design, and land use approvals. Proven success in Land Acquisition business.
· Language Ability: Highly proficient in spoken and written English;
· Math Ability: Ability to apply basic concepts of basic geometry and algebra in applied math situations; ability to interpret charts and graphs relaying quantitative data; ability to determine key variables necessary to draw conclusions from data.
· Reasoning Ability: Strong ability to solve practical and complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and appropriately seek to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Interpersonal: Must be able to work effectively with President, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Land Acquisition, other Land Acquisition Managers, Real Estate Brokers, Land Developers, engineers, and technical professionals. Handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
· Communication: Extraordinary communication skills, both orally and in written form.
· Computer Skills/Equipment: Proficient knowledge of word processing (Word), spreadsheet software (Excel), E-mail, Internet – five years minimum experience required. Knowledge of computer-based GIS, Google Earth, and mapping software desirable.
· Certifications/Licenses: Real Estate license not required but desirable
· Knowledge of residential and mixed-use real estate Acquisition process in Dallas/Fort Worth
· Knowledge of local and regional business and political environment
· Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
· The physical demands in the Job Responsibilities are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· This position requires attendance at a number of meetings outside of the normal office hours.
Send resume to email@example.com