From the sense of security to the tax savings, there are many upsides to buying your very own home. While this decision takes a lot of thought and planning, the benefits of homeownership almost always outweigh those of renting. With so many financial programs and loan choices for first-time buyers, there is no reason you cannot purchase your very own, brand new Balmoral townhome.
Balmoral Townhomes is a new community in Humble, TX that features the state’s first Crystal Lagoon. Residents can paddle board, sail, kayak, and swim in the Lagoon before heading to shore to rest in the shade of the cabana — all just steps from their front doors. There is also a 7,500 square foot clubhouse, access to a splash pad, pool, playground, and walking trails around the community. As a homeowner, all this can be yours.
Buying vs. Renting a Townhome
Let's look at the differences between what you get renting a townhome apartment and owning a HistoryMaker townhome in Balmoral:
- Lawn care
- 24-hr maintenance
- Pest Control
- Appliance Package Without Washer/Dryer
- All the benefits listed above, PLUS:
- Build Equity - This is one of the top reasons people decide to buy a home. Homeownership can be a solid investment for those who stay in their homes for several years, because values almost always appreciate over time. For example, from May 2020 to May 2021, townhome prices in Houston increased by 15.7%. Now is a great time to buy a home and begin building equity.
- All New Everything - No one has lived in your home before! With rental homes, there is no telling how many people have been in and out of the home and caused wear and tear on the finishes and systems. When you buy a new HistoryMaker townhome in Balmoral, not a single person has used anything in the home before you.
- No Landlord - When you rent any home, you are subject to the whims of the landlord. He or she could decide to sell the home, raise the rent on a whim, or anything else he or she decides to do as the owner of the property. When you own a home yourself, there are no surprises that you cannot control, plus you can paint your walls any color and have as many pets as you would like.
- Financial Predictability - With a fixed-rate mortgage, you know what your principal and interest payments will be for the duration of your loan — even if it is for the next 30 years. This allows you to plan and save for other important things in life, like a new car or college education.
- Tax Benefits and Savings - When you own your home, a portion of each month’s mortgage payment goes toward paying back the principal loan amount, which means you are building equity steadily over time. Best of all, you will enjoy tax deductions on interest payments and property taxes, which means more money in your pocket at the end of the year.
- Full Appliance Package - Last but certainly not least, your full appliance package in a new HistoryMaker townhome includes a washer and dryer! We know that every dollar saved goes a long way when buying a new home.
When you look at the benefits side-by-side, there is no comparison. If you can afford to rent for years, it is very likely you can afford to own — and reap the many benefits of homeownership. To take the first step to buying a brand new Balmoral townhome, get in touch with one of our preferred lenders to learn how much home you qualify for.
*Based on a 30-year fixed FHA loan with 3.5% down payment, 640 credit score, and 2.99% interest rate. Interest rate is subject to change with the market and credit score.